Here's how to make sure the StepJockey app on your phone can scan the StepJockey signs every time.
Make sure you have the StepJockey app open and in 'scan' mode (the green target box should be in the middle of the screen).
Hold your phone about about a 45 cm (18 inches) away from the sign you are scanning, with the QR code appearing within the target square.
- The app should automatically focus on the QR code and scan it for you. Scanning the QR code on a StepJockey sign should just take an instant.
When you scan a sign at the start of your journey, an animated walking man icon should appear. When you scan a sign at the end of your journey, the app will show you the calories you have just burned.
If the scan screen is not appearing
The most common reasons for this are:
You may be on the wrong screen. Use the menu icon in the top left of your screen to navigate to "Scan a sign".
You do not have a rear-facing camera on your phone. You need one of these to use the app.
- You did not give the StepJockey app permission to access the camera on your phone when you downloaded it. To rectify this, go to the settings menu, scroll down to and select the StepJockey App, then select allow StepJockey to access your camera.
If the scan screen appears but does not scan the QR code
- Make sure the QR code is contained within the target box on the screen.
- Move the phone so that the target is square with the QR code.
Move the phone a bit closer or further away from the sign.
- You may need to hold the phone over the QR for a couple of seconds. If you move your phone away too quickly it will not scan.
Sometimes it will be too dark in a stairwell for your phone's camera to focus properly on the QR code. If this is the case, the flash on your phone should come on to illuminate the QR code. Please check that you have not set the flash to be permanently switched off via the settings of your phone.
If you are still having problems scanning, please drop us an email and we will get right back to you.